Chocolate Squash Pudding (GF, vegan)
2 large acorn squash or similar quantity of any winter squash
1 C sugar or 3/4 C honey (more or less to taste)
1 T cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
Enough water for blending (less water = thicker pudding)
• Bake squash in a shallow dish of water at 350 for 45 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool enough to handle, then scoop meat into Vitamix pitcher.
• Add remaining ingredients to Vitamix.
• Begin blending on low, increase to high. Allow to blend until pureed to a mousse like consistency.
• Serve warm or chilled!
Optional ingredients and variations:
• 1/4 C sunflower seeds adds a bit of creaminess
• Use coconut milk instead of water
• Add a couple shakes of cayenne for a Mexican hot chocolate version (go easy)
• A Tablespoon or two of ground coffee beans for Mocha pudding
• 1 tsp orange extract
• Sub brown sugar for a richer flavor, or add molasses
• 1 tsp mint extract instead of cinnamon
If you make this, we'd love to hear how you tweaked the recipe to make it your own!
I am available by appointment, my place or yours! Call 720.323.7319 to set your appointment today!
“In this age the fear of disease has developed until it has become a great power for harm, because it opens the door to those things we dread and makes it easier for their admission.”
Edward Bach, Heal Thyself